View Single Post
Old
09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Drink some better stouts, though, man! Guiness is just not enjoyable at all in comparison. I'm not a stout man, but give me a Rogue stout any day over this stuff.
I do . Unfortunately, not every bar has them though.

Sam Smith's Oatmeal, Brooklyn's Chocolate, North Coast's Old Rasputin, are a few stouts I like a lot. I'm more of a dark, brown, red ale, porter, kind of guy though. I also like Doppelbocks a lot as well as various other styles. I enjoy going to places with a big selection and just picking random beers to try.
A few lagers although they tend to be my least favorite.
Big on the Oktoberfest beers, pumpkin beers can be good, like the winter ales. Summers tend to be too light to me.
Fruit beers can be good if done right (ex. Blue Point's Blueberry)

All in all, I like most styles and I have my favorites. As I said, I like Guinness as a great fallback beer. Sometimes when you go to a bar it's Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Guinness, and maybe Sam Adams. For some reason I usually don't like to get Sam Adams at bars, so I go with Guinness. Plus it has the lowest calorie count out of just about any beer other than "light" beers at around 170 per pint. Also I always enjoy the look some people give when I get a Guinness. People always say, how do you drink that, it's so heavy, it's like having a meal .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote