View Single Post
Old
09-25-2009, 03:17 PM
squishy

vCash: 500
Quote:
"One reason why he was successful last year and got drafted was his work ethic," Gilmour said of the six-foot-two, 195-pound Werek.

"He goes to the net hard. He shoots the puck well. Again, it's that effort. He wants to score, he wants to make plays. He gets mad when he doesn't. That emotion is a good thing.

"Offensively, he is gifted enough to know where to go and how to score. I am expecting big things from him."

Werek said that while he worked on his skills and particularly his skating over the summer, he knows his main calling card is his work ethic.

"Without it, I wouldn't be where I am today and I won't be going where I want to be in the future. It's always something I am going to bring to the table," said Werek, who is from Goodwood, Ont.

In less than a year, he quickly has become one of the veterans on the team, which has had a full-scale makeover designed by Gilmour. Werek is one of only six players that remain with the club after Gilmour's arrival last November. Nathan Moon, Tyler Doherty, Erik Gudbranson, Tyler Mort and Charlie Sarault are the others.

"We've got a whole different team. We can really tell we're a lot faster and a more physical team," Werek said.

"Once we get more practices in and get used to our systems, we're going to be a big team in the (Eastern Conference)."
http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1768842