Thread: News Article: Rich Hammond moving to LAKings.com
View Single Post
Old
09-25-2009, 07:33 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think he is. I don't find Helene Elliott's reporting (she does very little) or commentary particularly insightful.

You wouldn't, because she takes the Kings organization and Lombardi to task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Her writing is more for the casual fan that insists on immediate results and doesn't understand what has been going on for the last 7 or 8 years.

I'm sure that she isn't stupid, but she goes for the easy and cliche criticisms. At least Hammond has spent a good deal of time with Lombardi and has written several articles and blogs about the process and why certain things are being done. I don't think Elliott does much of that at all.
Its pretty obvious that you have never spoken to her because you would know that she is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the game and the organization. The fact that she doesnt kow-tow to the organization or Lombardi is one reason she isn't given the access that Hammond has been given. But when she has spoken with DL, and its more often than you know, she asks the difficult questions, not the softballs that Rich does. She also analyzes what has been said to her, and doesnt simply regurgitate the party line.

Its not a knock on Rich, and I'm happy for him and the direction this takes the Kings about getting information out to the fans, but if Rich asked the kind of questions Helene does there is no way in the world he would be collecting a check from AEG.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote