View Single Post
Old
09-26-2009, 05:04 AM
oPlaiD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
...and yet Oshie had the highest points per game of the 3 of them last season. People seem to think Oshie doesn't have the offensive capabilities of Berglund or Perron, but he's every bit as talented and capable of being a point producer. It wouldn't surprise me to see Oshie lead the team in scoring one day, and on a team with Toews at UND it was Oshie that was the heart & sould of the club.
That's pushing it considering the age and experience of the players. Oshie is nearly two years older and as such has nearly two years of extra experience playing high-level hockey and nearly two years to build muscle and stamina. Those things gave him another advantage - an extra 2 minutes of ice time on average per game. Granted some of that time was on the PK, but comparing Oshie's age 22 season to Perron and Berglund's age 20 seasons isn't exactly fair. I'll be surprised if Perron and Berglund are not scoring at a faster pace than Oshie in two years.

Oshie will probably continue to be the "heart and soul" of the club, but of the three in discussion I'd probably rather have Berglund. Oshie may have leader qualities but you can't win a cup unless you have elite scoring talent, too, and Berglund and Perron could bring that to the table.

Either way, it's a good thing we don't have to choose... and hopefully the Blues won't have to, either, for a long while...

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote