Thread: Hockey Camps
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Crossroads*

vCash: 500
The only hockey school instruction I ever got was through my team sponsored goaltending coach. The highest level I played was Junior A. In my opinion, unless it's one on one, schools don't help much when you're a goaltender and thats why I stayed away from them. When you have natural abilities, an instructor that works only with you for a couple of hours every other day really helps to fine-tune your skills.

Any goaltender in the Toronto area that wants to enter a school sponsored by the Jr. Canadiens 'AAA' hockey organization, just PM me and I'll give you the information and the referral (which comes with a 40 % discount on the price). Also, if any of these people wait till April, I could instruct you individually (one on one) for 20 % of the price you'd pay anywhere else. All sessions are held at the Jr. Canadiens practice arena (I believe it is called 'The Arch' in the West-End of Toronto) or The Rinx (by the Yorkdale Mall).

-EDIT- Entering the school also gives you exposure to the Jr. Canadiens, so if you think you have the abilities to play in the highest level of amateur hockey, come for a skate.