Thread: CBA news
View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 12:47 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
i think you are being a little ignorant laches. lets say the NHL contracts pittsburgh,nashville,calgary and carolina. it will improve the league because those players will be dispersed to the remaining 26 teams to make those teams stronger. contraction will help in a way with the trap because no names that arent good enough to be in the league just clutch and grab the stars of the other team. look at the devils, you shouldnt be allowed to win a stanley cup when grant marshall and pascal rheameu are the big deadline deals. so those players wouldnt catch on with the other teams if they arent good enough and parity is restored cause every team would have at least 2-3 very good players.
You couldn't be further off the mark. Remove 6 teams and instead of having hacks clutch n' grab, it will be superior players that are doing the clutching and grabbing. You think that contraction will make it any easier to play agains the trap the Devs employ? Seems to me that a defense that has Stevens, White, and Neidermeyer on it is off to a good start. The way that a defensive minded coach employs the trap has little if anything to do with his personnel. Lemaire would not change his approach if you suplant his playes with more talented players. Nor would Burns.
As for this statement:
"look at the devils, you shouldnt be allowed to win a stanley cup when grant marshall and pascal rheameu are the big deadline deals."

It's about as ridiculous as it gets. You shouln't be allowed to win the 'Cup? Guess the Rangers should not have been allowed to win the Cup after they dealt for Mattuae, Noonan, and MacT. I would LOVE for the Rangers to have Grant Marshall on the 3rd line next to Holik.
The Devs are an elite team. Just becuase Fat Lou did not see the need to acquire a big name at the deadline, does not mean that they do not "deserve" to win the Cup.