Thread: Hartford Lines
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2004, 08:07 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
while I liked the effort I saw in Ortmeyer last year, I seriously doubt he will have a long career in the NHL. He just doesn't have the skill level.
Ridiculous comment. .Does the name Jay Pandolpho ring a bell, he is an excellent penalty killer and very smart defensive FWD. Kent Manderville lasted quit a while also another heart an sould player who was an excellent defensive FWD.

Did any one expect Dave Scatchard to score 20+ goals, no and he is another smart defensive FWD.Who was just projected to be a 3rd / 4th liner,same for his buddy Jason Blake.

Shjon Podein, how about him great role player with excellent defensive smarts. I could go on but basically my point is a very good / solid defensive fwd with almiost no offensive abilities can last in the NHL if used properly on the right team an can serve many purposes.

I see Ortmeyer having a very solid career as a NHL player has leader ship abilities along with great defensive smarts, the kid will last and also will be a great role player to have.And i would say he plays a similar game or will be a similar type player to all the names I listed above.