Thread: Larry Brooks: Girardi's been Blueshirt bust
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2009, 09:30 AM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't know how much stock I put into the Kessel bit.

Either way, Girardi needs to step it up. I've been saying for quite awhile that the guy isn't nearly as good as much of this board seems to think. I see people constantly putting him on our top pair and I shudder.
you and me both... I have been saying for well over a year now about how Girardi is our most overrated player. His one on one defensive skills have always been abysmal, and he really doesn't do anything above average.

He plays his best, when he has to do the least. When he has to be creative, or make a good pass, or stickhandle he will always get burned. He is a player that who has a good mind for the game, but does not have the skills to play that way.

I always thought that he held down Tyutin (which is completely obvious now), and that he was our worst dman last year as well. (Yes worse than redden).

the reason he was "so good" his first year was because he was playing on the bottom pairing, thus limiting his exposure to the better players of the league. he is no better than a 5-6 guy, and will not get any better.

and truth be told, I think he is stunting the growth of Staal's offense as well, as Staal has to concentrate on defense more to cover up the many gaffes of Girardi, just like Tyutin had to as well 2 years ago.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote