View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I'd hate to say this,

Although I am far from a big Comrie supporter int his situation...I strongly feel most of you league wide posters underrate this KID.

Thats right Mike is still a KID, thus the lack of maturity and the ego, but you can't argue his lack of skill and i think he plays determined 85% of the time so don't go calling him lazy.

To say all Comrie would get is Stefan and a 4th from Atlanta is a joke. Stefan although far from a bust and still somewhat intriguing would not in no way get a deal done. If I am KLO i am telling Don Waddell that if you want Comrie here's the deal:

Atlanta: Comrie and Moreau

Edmonton: Exelby and Gamache

That is the best deal for both teams that i can think of right now, if Atlanta can afford to sign an additional d-man left in Free Agency (Klee or Berard) and if Atlanta can take on the contracts of Moreau and Comrie.

The Philadelphia situation is different. The best way to go about this is to flat out avoid dealing with them unless Clarke has Pitkanen involved. Woywitka although a good replacement for Smith down the road isn't a dynamic force like Comrie was or will be. Exelby is higher on my list than Woywitka but Pitkanen would top that list. Justin Williams is good but not good enough to get me to sign the dotted line...i think he is the next John LeClair (couple good years, injury trouble and contract issues).
Unless Simon Gagne or Joni Pitkanen are coming are way avoid dealing with the Flyers.

I think Detroit follows a similar story as Philly but Dandenault and Datsyuk for Comrie and Moreau should get it done and i would be happy with that. I don't want Hudler and you guys are too high on Datsyuk and Zetterberg so i don't see a deal in the near future.

I posted a long peice about who i thought the Oilers could get for Comrie and Moreau in another post called "what would your team offer for Comie and Moreau," check that out and see what you figure!!!