View Single Post
11-19-2004, 08:53 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Papadice
My favourite would have to be:

When I was playing for the Whitby Atom Major Selects (I was Minor age but they picked me up as their starting goaltender that year) we had a tournament scheduled for North York... Unfortunately, as the date of the tournament rolled closer it became evident that the tourny was in trouble because North York was in the middle of some kind of civic workers strike or something and seeing as the rink was owned by the city, the rink was shut down...

About a week before the tournament was set to start, Harold Ballard donated Maple Leaf Gardens for the weekend to allow us to have our tournament there... One of the only nice things the guy ever did during his life... We were thrilled... There I was at the age of 10 skating onto the ice at Maple Leaf Gardens! What a thrill... After the first day of games the Leafs had a practice that we all attended... We got autographs from Clark, Vaive, Bester, Wregget, Brophy, etc... We thought we were in heaven... A news crew came in to cover the story and took footage of us playing and interviewed us in the dressing room after the game... It was all shown on the nightly news... I can't remember the score of the championship game but I remember that I got a shutout and we won the tournament... It was a great experience...