View Single Post
Old
09-28-2009, 08:14 PM

Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Fan View Post
The main reason I took Chara was to pair him up with "Ching" Johnson, the thinking being that here is a 1-2 on D that can physically stand up to many of the top forward lines in the pool.

As for his substandard playoff record, he did make it to within one game of the finals in 2003, but his goalie wasn't named Martin Brodeur, he was named XXX XXXX and even then they only fell a goal short.
I think Chara would work best in an ATD context as the 2nd D you pick but as the anchor of your 2nd pairing.... the first pairing being anchored by a Potvin or Bourque or another all-time great. Then his question marks do not matter as much as you are not relying on him to as much of a degree. You could also let him be more of an enforcer because if his hands get injured it is not as big a deal. With Ching.. he plays a bigger role.

Still what do I know? In an ATD format how many Potvin's and Harvey's and Bourques are there?

I like the pick but I think you need to have good explanations or other good D-Men to take into account Chara's inability to come up big when it matter's the most.