View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 12:40 PM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
I think it started about a idea of a trade between Washington and Montreal. Markov for Lang. Of course thats crazy but further in the thread their talking about a Brisebois for Lang deal. What do you think?? The problems I see are 1) Brisebois no trade clause and 2) Brisebois contract for about 4M is through to the 2005 and Lang is about 5M till 2007. The way I see it Montreal add about 12million (1M extra each year and the 5M per year after Brisebois contract is done) But Montreal gets a big number 2 center who is stong and can put on 60-80 points a year. I think Washington would have to eat a little salary (2-3M maybe) or through in a decsent pick or prospect.

Montreal could afford him because Brisebois, Juneau, Dackell, Perreault and possibly Quintal gone after this year. Thats about 8M add 2-3 M from Washington and its about covered.

What would Koivu think of this if it happened??
I don't know much about Lang...

How old is Lang?

Are his skills going to decline over the next few years?

If Lang doesn't work out, does he have any trade value except for the salary dumping kind?

Would Washington even be interested in Brisebois for two years?

If Lang is any good, wouldn't the Caps be able to trade him for a better and cheaper player than Brisebois?

If we do get Lang, can we find takers for one of Perrault or Ribeiro to free-up space?

Thanks in advance,
All-Star