View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
On Montreal's part, I would pass.....Bulis is becoming a real treat to watch

Gauthier is injury prone, and the habs already have guys that can do things similar to him (Souray, Quintal...and the up and coming Komisarek)
Gauthier is not injury prone. You need to know a little more about him before you make such a statement. From what I can recall, he's only had one injury that has kept him out. I seem to think there may have been one other small injury but I can't really remember. Someone will have to verify that one. He is definitely not injury prone. The reason he hasn't played many games is because he just became a regular player a few seasons ago. Prior to that he was bouncing around the AHL and NHL.

Second, yes Souray, Quintal and Komisarek do things that are "similar" to Gauthier but not nearly as well. Quintal is done. He will be retiring very soon and is nowhere near the player Gauthier is. Souray never played any hockey last year so to say he will be the same player as Gauthier next year is wrong. Yes he plays a similar style, but again, he isn't at the same level as Gauthier. Finally, Komisarek will end up playing the same style as Gauthier but for now he is a step back. Yes you can go ahead and say he is this great young dman, which is true, but he isn't at the level of Gauthier yet. He has some developing to do.

Bottom line, I don't deal Gauthier for Bulis. Bulis is a solid player but I would rather keep Gauthier and see how the young players (Kobasew and Saprykin in particular) fair before moving him.