Old
09-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
Lol. You can argue Fleury is slightly better. You can argue Ward is slightly better. In goalie rankings, I'd put them both in the 6-10 range, and I wouldn't separate their rankings by more than one goalie.

Regardless, if you were to argue that Ward is better, there's no way you can argue that he's 1.3 million dollars better. Not even a chance you can argue that.
I am not really sure you can quantify $1.3 million of worth between salaries in excess of $5 million per season. Even still. Fleury is locked up for 6 years including this upcoming year and Ward is locked up for 7 including this upcoming year. The difference in the contracts being $1.3 million means that Fleury will have to make $7.8 or more to have made the same dollar amount as Ward. If Fleury is still an elite goaltender by that point, then 7.5 million wouldn't be out of the realm of reasonable. I suppose you could say that Carolina just locked up Ward a year longer than Fleury for a final year of $7.8 million if you were so inclined.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote