Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Cam Ward Signs 6 Year Extension
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2009, 12:25 PM
elriz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Babchuk View Post
So, basically, all that happened in last year's playoffs was Cam Ward "disproving" that he is clutch by allegedly being the main factor in ending his team's playoff run? And how do you suppose that they got to the Conference Finals in the first place?
Cam Ward is a playoff goaltender, he's not getting paid because of his regular season numbers, which until last year were bad for even a backup.

When Cam Ward doesn't show up for an entire playoff series, I would say that brings a little off his value. He's an average at best regular season goaltender already, when he starts to show chinks in his armor in the playoffs (where most of his value lies) by dropping a series himself then I don't think he's worth the 6.3 million cap hit.

Is he a bad goaltender? No, he's won a ****ing cup and a conn smythe. But at sometime you have to realize that was 4 seasons ago and look at what he has done since then. Yes, he is still improving and could turn out to be a beast and make this number a steal, but i think 6.3 on Cam Ward is a gamble.

elriz is offline   Reply With Quote