View Single Post
Old
09-30-2009, 03:25 PM
billbruins72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph LaMonica View Post
He said something to the effect of "I don't think it accurately represents a player's skill level."

I can see it both ways. A player racking up penalties is playing hard and causing grief for the other team, getting in fights defending his teammates and hopefully gaining momentum, etc. etc. etc.

On the other hand, if an undisciplined player is taking a bunch of stupid and careless minors, the fantasy owner benefits while the player is doing his team a disservice and putting them on the PK.

This being my first time playing I'll reserve judgement I guess.
I can see his point in theory. In practice, it's nonsense though. Nobody takes a player that is unskilled and just takes penalties. They'll take a player that puts up points and gets his nose dirty (earning PIMs). Or maybe a defenseman that doesn't get a lot of points but has a decent +/- and also gets some PIMs. Without PIMs, the only defensemen worth taking are the offensive defensemen. If you're going to do that, you might as well just go strictly with forwards.

Just my opinion. You should try another league sometime that uses PIMs so you can see the difference. I think it makes things more balanced.

billbruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote