View Single Post
Old
09-30-2009, 04:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I'll add that he mentioned Turris' back surgery set him back physically as he couldn't train for two months. I hadn't even considered that. Between the mono a couple of summers ago and the back this year, no wonder he hasn't been able to pack on the pounds. Just give him one healthy summer, for cyring out loud.

Maloney also said he doesn't think the ownership situation is going to be a distraction for the team. He said that most of the long tenured Coyotes(Derek Morris, Steve Reinprecht, ect.) have moved on. That the young guys don't pay attention to it, and just want to play. Most of the older guys are still pretty new to Phoenix, anyway. I guess his point was that most of our player would prefer to stay in Phoenix but apart from the established guys like Doan, Jovo, Z, ect. most of the guys are just happy to be playing in the league anywhere, whether that be Phoenix or Hamilton. It's a good point. Guys like Boedker, Mueller, Hanzal, Lepisto, Korpikoski and Yandle are just happy to be in the NHL. It's probably the same deal for guys like Pyatt, Fiddler, LaBarbera, and Bissonnette. Then there's Upshall, Lombardi, Vandermeer, Aucoin, Prucha, Vrbata and on and on that were playing somewhere else just last year, anyhow. What do they care? That's most of the team, right there. This talk of distraction has been overstated, I think.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote