View Single Post
Old
10-01-2009, 03:14 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Innocent until proven guilty. It seems like you don't even know the story but are willing to crucify him based on what a journalist wrote.
Nice try, chief - your initial comment was all about "hey, he just had an altercation, big deal." I call you out for the fact that he didn't just "have an altercation," he punched a girl in the face, and you switch tacts to "innocent until proven guilty." That was NOT the point you were originally making; what you were originally saying was it's no big deal. A man, particularly an athlete like Doyle (I mean, seriously, have you seen youtube clips of him fighting?), assaulting a woman is ALWAYS a big deal.

What the journalist wrote is based on the PEI police blotter. The victim and was a female, 21 year old and she has documented injuries of a broken nose and multiple lacerations that required stitches. Are there circumstances involving a 19 year old 6'0" 200lb athlete and a young woman who receives these injuries where the athlete is innocent? Maybe a few... but not many.

I agree in general with the concept of innocence until guilt is proven. However, the circumstances look pretty grim as described above. Furthermore, this event is right on the heels of a four game suspension for tripping a linesman. And THAT was on the heels of disturbing scouting reports in his draft year that caused him to fall to the 5th round, when his talent level alone would have justified a much higher pick.

Not good. Period.