View Single Post
Old
10-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
+1 what he said... Skill aside, if you look at all the intangibles something is definately missing. Between both of them they have less than a year experience in the NHL. Hell, they are just barely old enough to go out for a beer after the game. They are boys playing against men. If you don't have someone on that line who will throw their weight around and protect them if necessary, then you can expect to see one or both on the IR for a long time this season. Powe is not that guy.
This is a silly flyers mentality. These guys are professional hockey players. They don't need a big daddy looking over their shoulder to make sure they are ok. You have to remember that these guys will probably have Pronger back on the blue-line too. Powe drops the gloves too and is a hard little bstard. They just need the puck. They create their own space and giroux is going to give JVR at least 20 goals this season, and probably 10-15 to powe minimum. I said it here first.

I have no problem with powe warming the spot for maroon either. I really believe that maroon can be a damn good player in this league. Very much a knuble player.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote