View Single Post
Old
10-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
great performance by craig anderson today with the avs, he stopped 38 of 40 shots today i believe...who says this kid can't be a starter in the nhl? i'll say it once more, he proved he could be last year with us
That's awesome and I wish him all the best, but one game means he's a capable backup which he already proved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post
Flames fan here and just watched the Flames beat the Canucks 5-3.

For those interested in knowing how Bouwmeester is doing in Calgary, read on.

I just have to say one thing, and I know it's only one game but, Jay Bouwmeester is freaking awsome. He had 30 minutes tonight and was a +2. He was tremendous defensively and was always in position. He has an active stick and his ability to bring the puck up the ice is a thing of beauty. Him on the PP with Phaneuf was great as well. He is a workhorse and I am VERY surprised that he played 30 minutes and still skate like he did with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Just thought I'd let you guys know how thankful I am of having Bouwmeester on our team.
Great, you told us what we already know. Jay is an elite defensive guy. Offensively he has 0 creativity and your powerplay will suffer with him. We don't want updates throughout the season because were bitter about how the guy ****ed us. Move along now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imber View Post
Watched the Nucks/Flames as well. Can't say too much bad about Bouwmeester, except I'll disagree that he was great on the PP. More letting the puck outta' the zone, and I think on both of Calgary's first two PP goals, it wasn't until Bouwmeester left the ice that the PP really got going and eventually scored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Get used to that with him, especially with his allowing the puck out of the zone. But, he's solid on most everything else.
Good response Laus. Defensively he's top 3 in the league, but my god how does he continue to get powerplay time? He scores goals/point on account of being the best skater on the ice and that's it, period.