View Single Post
Old
10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
deanosaur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Personally I feel not wearing a full cage at any level lower than Major Juniors is completely stupid.

Mouth guard only protects the top teeth.

My only rule is this. If you switch to a visor, you have no right to ***** if you take a puck or stick to the face, because it could have been prevented.

You've played this long with a cage and apparently are good, as you say. So why change if you've learned to play with it and take extra risk?
What extra risk? There's no extra risk. You step on the ice regardless of cage or visor, and put yourself at risk at getting injuries. ****ing knee injuries occur more often than a face injury, I'm more afraid of those than getting a stick in the face. As well if you really do worry about getting injured every time you step on the ice, should you really be playing? I mean why play in fear of getting injured every time you step on the ice wheres the fun in that.

Oh and a side note, a visor or cage should NOT affect your play. Nor would it make you a better player. You might be able to see the ice better, as there are people who say the cages blind them for some odd reason.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote