View Single Post
Old
11-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Leetchie

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
I don't know where this logic is comming from. How do you trust guys who have only gotten a cup of coffee in the NHL more then players who have stuck? ESPECIALLY someone like Poti or Kasper?

Insane.
I would certainly not trust a kid over Kasper. The guy's been in the league over ten years and has consistently played against top offensive players. As Rangers fans, how could we forget the #11 vs #11 days of the Rangers-Penguins games?

However, Poti is a different story. I've been one of his biggest critics, but I'd still rather have him in there than a "kid". He's not old (27?) and he's been around a while -- the frustrating thing about him is that he has a lot of tools (size, skating) but he doesn't seem to want to put forth the effort. If he slacks -- which he will, he always does -- I'd have no problem putting a "kid" like Kondratiev, Pock, or Tjutin over him to give them a chance. Having said that, I think Poti improved over two seasons ago (anything would have been an improvement!).

Purinton is just awful. He's always out of place, too slow to get back into place, and detrimental to the team when he takes testosterone-influenced penalties. I'd rather have a recycling bin on skates than him.