Old
11-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
so as of right now you got...

Zhamnov(?)
Roenick(2 yrs left right?)
Primeau(4 yrs)
Zeus(not that old... Clarkie will keep him around)
Sharp
Umberger
Carter
Richards
Potulny

so... it's safe to say that of the young guys, not all of them will make the NHL as centers/flyers. just the way it is with prospects. maybe they'll shift, i believe Hitch has said that Sharp is a winger in the NHL... somewhat confused why they wouldn't give him time at the wing with the phantoms if this is the case, but at least he's playing. looking at Potulny's early line at Minnesota, it seems he's more of a shooter than a playmaker... so would make sense for him to be a strong candidate to move to the wing if/when he ends up in the fold. i wouldn't be shocked if one of Umberger, Carter, and Richards ended up at the wing as well. Richards sounds like someone more likely to stay just because of the type of role he seems to be more likely to fill (solid in the circle, strong positionally, so on and so forth).

it will really come down to what these guys show whenever they get here, and what the situation is at the position when they arrive. if Carter was to sign and be playing in the NHL right away and we have Zhamnov, Roenick, Primeau, and Zeus all in the orange and black, i would sort of expect him to play at the wing with us.

i can't wait to HAVE that problem to think about... hopefully sooner than later.