View Single Post
Old
11-22-2004, 02:08 PM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
If anyone honestly thinks that Stevenson or Knuble are even as fast or talented as Recchi was is dreaming. Knuble had the benefit of playing with Thornton in Boston. Who does he play with in Philadelphia? Roenick? Handzus? Primeau? Sorry, but none of those three centermen are even in the same league as Thornton. As for playoffs, Knuble has disappeared every time the playoffs have started. So, no real upgrade there.

As for Stevenson, he's a checker. Nothing more, nothing less. And we signed those two guys for what it would have cost to keep Recchi. Yep, we're better off there. And don't even get me started on the greedy Russians. Zhamnov and Malakhov were given generous offers and they turned them down. We have a team player in Recchi who was willing to sign for considerably less and we let him walk so we could attempt to sign Zhamnov to a nearly $5 million dollar deal. Makes sense to me.

As for the whole offense, when this team was allowed to play run and gun and let loose a little bit on defensive assignments, they won games in the playoffs. We have more than a competent goalie and he's proved he can stop 30+ shots a night and we have an opportunity to win. I'd really like to see Ken go with that for the next little while. I sometimes think Ken forgets that his players are defensively responsible and that he might just micromanage the team a little too much.