View Single Post
Old
10-04-2009, 12:27 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Not a bad game, but not a great one, either. The team's defense looked pretty good through two periods, but we seemed to be pinned into our own zone entirely too much in the third. Production from the top line was great to see, but where was our second line? The second Dallas goal I saw coming as soon as Ellis decided not to cover up. Just a very poor decision that led to a goal.

When will we stop with the horrible timing on penalties? Really? We need to take a penalty with six seconds left on a PK IN FREAKIN' OT? The officiating seems very similar to last year. Some very bad calls out there. Since when does a broken stick automatically mean a slash? Oh... right... since 04.

We gave up entirely too many shots, but for the most part seemed to limit the space from which those shots could come. It wouldn't kill us to be more physical going forward. I hope Weber isn't covered all season as much as he was tonight, because we'll need that canon to fall back on. We absolutely can NOT fall back into playing only the first two periods. We don't have the fire power for that. At the end of the night I'll take the win. Hell, it makes me smile just to think the freakin' Lions have a better record than the Wings.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote