View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Q&A with Chris Higgins

This is from McKeen's which is a paying Website, so I'll just post random Q & A to avoid copyright enfrengment, the ones I found most interesting. Enjoy.

---------
MCKEEN'S - September 19, 2003

McKeens: What do you feel you have to do to make the Habs' opening-night roster?

Chris Higgins: I just have to play my game - they drafted me in the first round for a reason. If I do the things they drafted me for and play well at both ends of the ice, then I feel I have a shot sticking with the big club.

McKeens: Last year you broke through offensively in Yale (20 goals, 41 points in 28 games). To what would you attribute your breakthrough season?

Chris Higgins: Pretty much just hard work - it goes a long way. I worked hard over the summer and worked on little things, such as being in great shape. I took as much advice as I could from my coaches (McK - one was Yale head coach Tim Taylor) and teammates in order to become a smarter player, in addition to being a skilled player.

McKeens: Would you define yourself as a finisher or a playmaker?

Chris Higgins: I don't really want to pigeon-hole myself as one or the other, but I try to do both things and it helps that I can pass and shoot at a high level.

McKeens: (As a natural center) would you accept a shift to the wing if asked?

Chris Higgins: Definitely. I played wing a little bit in Yale and I played wing some at the World Juniors. I have some experience there and I would say that I feel comfortable playing at that position.

McKeens: What would you say is your greatest strength as a player?

Chris Higgins: Work ethic and hockey sense - those two. No one can say I didn't work hard enough to get to the next level. I have a pretty good understanding of the game and see the guys well on the ice.

McKeens: Do you have a favorite hockey player?

Chris Higgins: Saku Koivu. He is a die-hard player and guy and I look forward to playing with him. I was a Habs' fan growing up, so it will be a thrill to play alongside him.

Jake Dole
McKeen's Hockey Prospects Editor