View Single Post
Old
09-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Jim

vCash: 500
Phoenix's centers

I noticed the wealth of centers Phoenix has.....even without Doan playing the pivot. Langkow is a capable 2nd/3rd line center, Hrdina is a skilled...maybe overated...but skilled 2nd line center. Kolanos is up and comming. Gratton, when motivated, can be effective...especially at the draw. Sillinger is responsible and effective at both ends of the ice.

How many of these guys can you keep? You would think with their lack of quality wingers that they would trade one of these guys.

If our situation at center is not resolved within a month into the regular season, i.e. a prospect doesn't become a regular, I think Phoenix is the team to talk with.

Who would best fit our need? I'm sure they won't be trading Kolanos. Langkow vs. Rolston? Is it an upgrade for the second line? Gratton can win the faceoff, but he is too hot and cold. Hrdina doesn't interest me because I think he is kind of a pansy. Sillinger is getting older and is more of a 3rd liner anyways.

In my opinion, we could fill the third line one way or another... be it through Hilbert, Zino or moving Rolston back to his former position.

Maybe Hrdina would thrive with Samsonov and a guy like Lapointe to provide the grit, but I'm still skeptical.

The way I look at it, there aren't too many teams that could afford to give up a center other than Phoenix. If they did, they'd be in the same situation as us....

The Coyotes have an abudance of talent with reasonable contracts...I don't see too many other options without overpaying.