Old
10-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Mogwai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMan View Post
Sounds like Broduer
This ^.

I love how some people are the authority on goaltending. The Monster is a big man. He drops to his knees because he is a butterfly goalie and that is the way Allaire wants him to play. He plays EXACTLY like Giggy does. Like, the movements he does across the crease are as compact as he can manage right now (I hate to steal Weekes' word already, but its what my goalie coach used too) and he uses his big upper body to cut down most of the view of the rest of the net.

To say 2 of the 3 goals went in top shelf and the other was a fluke is from someone who doesn't want to see what actually happened. Semin's goal had Gustavsson out of position. It was shelfed because he was diving. He was out of position because he was trying too hard, and I know what people will say, "You just said he plays like giggy and hes effecient etc" and he is, but he made a mistake on that goal. He is still adjusting.

I could've stopped Ovechkin's opening shot. Honestly. I just would've stood there with my legs closed and my stick on the ice. VeTo has a lot of foibles as a goaltender, and that had as much to do with concentration as it did with not positioning his stick properly in the butterfly.

Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote