View Single Post
11-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Lionel Hutz
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Although I'm partial to the Oilers, and always like to watch them play, I'm not a die-hard "fan" (so I am relatively unbiased) of the team. I think you are WAY, WAY off base, and hope you can give me a couple of examples why Lowe is a bad GM.

I have liked just about every trade he's made. In several cases (Weight and Guerin), his hands were tied and I thought he did a pretty good job of getting value for impending UFA's. I think he's drafted pretty well, but that is definetely way to early to call one way or the other. Like someone said he's even had a bargain UFA signings that have worked out well (Staios), although that could be somewhat offset by the Oates debacle.

The only criticism I think you could have is the Comrie situation. IMO, it's not Lowe's fault that Comrie couldn't handle criticism in any shape or form.
I think its pretty clear that in just about every case he's done a very good job of getting good value in situations where his hands were pretty much tied. This is something man other GMS around the league in similar situations have not been able to do.