View Single Post
Old
11-23-2004, 12:31 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
you're forgetting about the ECHL. If he doesn't make Hartford, initially, he can play in Charlotte. If he improves, he can move on to Hartford. It doesn't need to be juniors or Hartford day 1. The entire season needs to be taken into consideration, as well, would it really be worth it for him to play predominantly against 16, 17, 18 and 19 year olds? Without even seeing him play, my guess is that he doesn't stay in juniors.
My main point is that there is no reason to rush him, if he stays in moncton he will simply be following the career path that most players follow, two years in Juniors after being drafted. I don't see the need to bring him up just becouse we can, if he makes it fine, but it's not like he'd be an overager in Juniors. Now you do bring up a good point in the ECHL, I hadn't considered that, but is it really a better place for him than the Q? Certainly he'd be playing with older players, but there's definatly more pure talent in the Q. I can't really say what would be better for him, but it is an option your right about that.