View Single Post
Old
11-23-2004, 01:00 PM
OlliMackBjugStud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangler19
Are you kidding me? I think Kevin Lowe has done a very good job in Edmonton. Somehow he has been able to get incredible value for players that he was eventually going to lose anyways and keep the team in the playoff hunt each and every single year.

Good trades:

The Niinamaa trade got Edmonton a a great young player in Torres who scored 20 goals this year and will get 30 before too long as well as Isbister who seems like a throw in now and who is till a guy who good develop into a good power forward. I dont think its gonna happen but power forwards always seem to develop really late.

The Carter trade got Edmonton Radek Dvorak adn someone else? Anyways Dvorak is a much better player than Carter and has helped Edmonton much more than Carter has helped NYR or LA.

The Poti trade got Edmonton a great 2 way center who can also play the wing in Mike York. Edomonton had lots of good young D at the time with Brewer and Niinamaa still there so a very good trade for Lowe there as well.

Maybe you can just write 2 of those trades off and call Sather an idiot. But regardless of that, Lowe has not made any bad trades that I can think of.

He also acquired a good veteran defenceman in Staios and as far as drafting goes I think most of that responsibility lies in the hands of the scouts. But it is too early in Lowes tenure too say he hasnt developed any good prospects. And don't forget about Hemsky and the line of good young D prospects they have coming through in Bergeron , Woywitka and Lynch.

Lowe has done a great job! Not being able to keep the stars is not his fault, its either ownership or the poor economic system of the NHL. If he had different working conditions Edmonton could easily be a Western Conference power house right now.
so if trading those players were good moves for EDM, how would being able to afford to not trade them helped them be better ?

I mean if he cant afford Poti, but lands up with a better asset in Mike York, why are we feeling sorry for EDM ?

DR