View Single Post
Old
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ill say it again...maybe you can follow me this time...It would be idiotic to break up the Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik tandem at this point. I certainly dont envision them staying together all season...in fact, I think a Prospal/Callahan tandem would look good down the line...however, they're playing pretty darn well now and theres no reason to break them up. The only way Anisimov sits is if Prospal shifts back to center and thats not happening in the immediate future.

Again, Anisimov temporarily wins the spot over Lisin because he is actually defensively responsible.
so far in 3 games i havent seen anything from lisin that is that alarming. torts knows hes not good in his own end away from the puck but he seems to think his offense outways that. he may be clueless in his own end but hes still been able to be involved offensively enough for torts to take notice.

through 3 games, lisin has shown he battles hard on the wall and has made those nice passes you were complaining about him not making last week.

even though were 2-1, i would retool the top 3 lines. actually, all 4 lines really.
right now were a 1 line team. we need all line to contribute and removing lisin is counter productive to creating offensive chances.

i still believe prospal at center is the best choice to balance out our scoring. as torts said, hes a gifted puck distributor and hes being wasted playing on line 1. prospal can center the second line and will give us more from there than he is right now on line 1. that will allow dru to center line 3 or move to wing even and arty to center line 4 or line 3.

this team will improve if boyle and voros are not dressed everynight.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote