View Single Post
Old
10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
not tellin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Good to know I'm not alone.

The skating is the big thing for me, with positioning being the other. Ivanans was never bad at positioning, just too slow to get there. Now that he is faster, he is in good position. Westgarth looks like he needs the ice walker sometimes, and is constantly out of position.

I've also seen Westgarth take lazy hooking penalties, so I don't buy that argument either.

I think you are right, it's just that Westgarth's name isn't Ivanans, apparently therefore anyone not named Ivanans > Ivanans.
of course, everyone does. it's just the amount and rate that they do them in. have you really seen enough of westgarth in regular season NHL games to say it would be equal to ivanans? nope, and i can't tell you it would be the opposite either. like i said, it's mainly a wash for me and i don't think one particularly outplays the other on the ice but if we can dress an enforcer that doesn't take that many of those penalties i'm all for it. you're correct though, it is just a different namesake at this point.