View Single Post
Old
11-23-2004, 04:33 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
i think the rangers deal would have been a pretty good one -and at the time maybe better. i wouldve taken beezer over hextall, and kovy, weight and amonte couldve had just as much impact as the philly trade. i know none of those guys are forsberg, but add them to sundin, nolan, and sakic and youve got an amazing squad. the ranger deal didnt have a stud defensemen (unless they lost the goalie) - so thats were it wouldve hurt them. they really needed an offensive dman to play with sakic and those guys on the pp. the philly trade helped the most because it offered what they needed at every position. and offensive dman, and a depth d. a physical 2/3rd line center and a gritty winger prospect -and what they needed the most...a top goalie. they filled out the whole team in one trade - without even factoring in forsberg. crazy to see what people offered for hyped prospects back then. what would crosby have brought back in those days? is crosby hype less than lindros hype because of the way the lindros trade panned out? i would assume so. its funny how times change.