Thread: TSN: Top Ten Sports Chants
View Single Post
Old
10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Woland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Honestly hockey is a very great game to watch on TV and absolutely terrible to watch live. I can't think of a single sport boring as hockey live at a game. This is mainly because there's no "ultras fans" section like there are at soccer games in N.A. or even in most sports franchise in Europe.

Heck, I easily have 5x more fun at a USL soccer game in Montreal than at the bell center because of the ultra section. Hockey arenas really need to rethink the way they are organized.

I have a hard time having fun in the molson ex section which is the most fiesty in the bell center because even if there is noise, it's chaotic and everybody sing the same old **** over and over

"Ole Ole" "Go habs go" and "you suck"

it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

teams would have no interest in Ultras and probably be more annoyed by them. Ultras movement are almost non-existent in NA except in soccer where fans are desperately trying to shake off the ''North-American Stigma'' in order to gain legitimacy on the international scene.

having said that , it could be an interesting marketing concept for a team with low attendance trying to develop a core: Tampa, Pheonix, Carolina etc etc. it would be non conventional in the North American perspective , but European clubs have Ultras.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote