View Single Post
11-23-2004, 09:42 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by me2
Goodenow may have their support now, and have their intended support for the next 10 years. Unfortunately that "intended" support isn't worth the paper it isn't written on because they can change their minds at any time in the future. They could change their minds 3 months into a replacement player season, despite what their feelings are now, if they see a few jump ship.
I don't claim to have seen 300 or 400 hundred players' signed agreements, and I don't know without any doubt whatsoever what can be considered a legally binding document, but I would just say that quite a few players are pretty unified on this matter.

And I'm first to admit that almost anything can be negotiated away with good lawyers, but with possible "liabilities", those players' salaries wouldn't probably fit into most capped teams' salaries.

So at this point I would be inclined to say it's either a capped NHL with replacement players for the next 1 to 10 years or a "normal" NHL without a cap with all the best players (excluding the retired).