View Single Post
Old
10-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Kings have to be better about tying up sticks in front of the net. The Setoguchi goal (#2) and Blake goal both could have been prevented with better body and stick positioning. The first Setoguchi goal and the Heatley goal were just impossible shots to stop; those two are proven snipers who will drill it if given that much time and space.

The top line is on fire. Great chemistry between all three. Williams doesn't get enough credit for all his hard work and hustle. He's always the first guy in the corners and creates turnovers.

Much better game from the second line, but I think that that line is sorely lacking is a playmaking center. Brown needs someone to feed him the puck for his goals. He's not going to create his own goals with his skill set, but, Brown does have a terrific shot and he needs someone to set him up. Stoll isn't a playmaker and is better suited on the third line.

Speaking of third line, that line was on fire tonight. Great strong play from all three forwards, great puck control and support.

Ivanans smashed Shelley's face. That's what I like to see. Richardson and Lewis had some jump in their game. After the fight that line didn't get to jump on the ice, mainly due to all the penalty killing the team had to do and that they needed the top three units to generate offense.

I was very pleased with the defensive pairings. Drewiske and Doughty work perfectly together, Harrold compliments Johnson's play and he proved tonight why the organization values him so much. Scuderi and Greene were rocks in their own end. Keep those pairings intact from here on out, although with O'Donnell back, the Kings should possibly shift Harrold to forward and O'Donnell paired with Johnson.