View Single Post
Old
10-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightKinger View Post
My thoughts -

The Fro-Zus-Sims line is sick. Scored a goal and had more offensive chances than the line they were shutting down. Everyone on that line played great. Could be the best shutdown line in the league.

Ryan Smyth is amazing. He did everything tonight. He was creating chances all over the ice. Kopitar has 5 points in two games but he could have about 3 or 4 more goals with the passes he is getting from Smyth. The guy is everything I expected and much, much more. I'm already in love with guy. Mad props to Kopitar though for that last play to negate the icing.

I LOVED the response the hit on Drewiske got from the Kings. All of the Kings players bum rushed the Sharks after seeing Drewiske layed out in the corner. Ivanans was a beast against Shelley. His facial expression was fkin SCARY. He looked like he wanted to kill Shelley and clearly won the fight . He also took a straight shot to the chin in the beginning but didn't even flinch. Tonight I love Raitis.

Everybody looked better tonight. Lewis was good as was Richardson. Williams was much better and at least Purcell did not look completely invisible tonight.

Unfortunate high stick from Fro made the game closer than it should have been. PK was awful but SJ has some deadly weapons. Blake's butt is a WMD!

SO happy to see Clowe pissed at the end and the Kings finally beating SJ.
I agree with everything you said here. Simmonds pots 20 goals this year. That one handed deke he pulled was nice. Smyth is opening so much ice for Kopitar. I would'nt be shocked to see 90 points out fo Kopitar this season.
Couldn't agree with you more about EVERYONE on the ice coming to Drewiske's aid. Ivanans made a B-line to Staubitz. Shelley took a beating and Ivanans looked super p****d. That's what this team was definately missing last season.
The Fro high stick was an unfortunate incident at the wrong time. Everything was going perfectly for the Kings up until that point.
All in all, not the way I wanted to see the Kings win (the 4 goals), but a win none the less. I'm loving the 1st and 3rd lines. The 2nd needs some time to gel. Now, let's see them put 4 or 5 wins in a row together.