View Single Post
Old
11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
me2
Callng out the crap

vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary69
Did I say anywhere that it wasn't about money, to get their share of the 2+ billion business. Why on earth they would give an unproportionate amount to the owners without a fight. But that doesn't rule out that quite a few of them as individuals are not prepared to do all kinds of immoral acts for their money, unlike quite a few so called businessmen and politicians.

What is immoral about deciding you are prepared to work for less than you used to? Absolutely nothing. If Player X is happy to play for $2m instead of $3m then good luck to him. Its his personal choice to make. If Player Y is unhappy to play for $2m instead of $3m good on him too since that's his choice.

The NHLPA is making a business decision by not signing what the NHL offers them. The players believe no one can do their jobs, their betting on it. If the NHL gets replacement players the ex-NHLers should accept the replacement players taking their jobs with grace. This is business after all and both sides are duking it out.