View Single Post
Old
10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Agreed, the third line has felt pretty invisible, at least in comparison to the other 3, and subbing in Avery for Lisin would be a clear way to shake that up.
Yup.

Look, I don't care if some people here think Lisin is the second coming of Wayne Gretzky or if some people think Lisin is lucky to even have a spot on the lineup.

But an objective observer will tell you that the 3rd line is the weakest line. It regularly gets pinned in its own zone and hasn't generated much offense. The fact that Torts started to use the 4th line over the 3rd line in the 3rd period of the Devils game is a glaring indictment that the 3rd line isn't working.

So something must be shaken up, whether it be Lisin, Anisimov, or Kotalik.
Kotalik played well against the Devs and I think his spot in the top 9 is cemented for now.
Anisimov can be moved down to 4th line C if Prospal switches back to center. However, I highly doubt Torts does since Prospal-Dubi-Gaborik is flying on all cylinders and is far and away our best line.
That leaves Lisin, and Avery happens to play the same positition. It's unfortunate, but I think Lisin will be a victim of the numbers game.

The 3rd line desperately needs some sort of spark, and Avery can provide it. He brings grit and forechecking ability that will make the 3rd line tougher to play against.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote