View Single Post
Old
10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
not tellin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The difference between the two guys is the intensity....Ivanans had it in the ECHL, the AHL, and in his first season with the Kings he was mean and instigated...he got his one year extension and then his two year deal and got passive...especially last year...prob his worst as a King...more penalties and less fighting.

Westgarth is outgoing on the bench, instigates and gets pumped up and gets the crowd and his teammates pumped. He has an aura to him that some fighters just have, a charisma....a lot of these new guys from the AHL seem to have it, Riley Cote, Joel Rechlicz, and Steve MacIntyre....they just go out looking for fights, stand up for there teammates at any sign of a cheap hit and aren't afraid to go toe to toe or get thrown out of the game.

Ivanans did nothing to Artukhin but challenge him to a fight, he did nothing to Malkin after the elbow on Simmonds. Colton Orr leveled Ovechkin after Brashear took a run at a Ranger a few years ago and wouldn't fight Orr...if a dude cheap shots your teammate you either fight him, jump him, or take out one of there best players...Even Lombardi said that in regards to Artuyhkin....if he wants to run Doughty then we run St. Louis or Lecavlier....and no one did.

I remember Parros a few seasons ago jumping Eager when Ben threw a late hit on Pronger...no questions asked, just shed the mits and started throwing...When has Ivanans done that? Last night? First time in 3 years.
yeah but it was awesome. i just went back and rewatched the fight. if there is indeed some chemistry and comraderie building in the locker room and off the ice, it's then that the team builds an identity. i'm fine with ivanans if more of this is happening and a bit more instigating, no more waiting for people to agree to fight you(at the appropriate times obviously).