View Single Post
Old
11-24-2004, 10:19 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
When the Flyers originally drafted Forsberg 6th overall it was a bit of a shock. He was supposed to go much later in the first round, more like the 12-18 spots.

Also there was every reason to draft Lindros ahead of Forsberg, and if Lindros would have been healthy, he'd have had a better career than Forsberg.

When both players were at their best, Lindros was better.
Yeah, I know that Lindros had a whole other career before he racked up those concussions and started to flake out like now. I saw him a couple of seasons while he was at his peak still. I'm not commenting on the Forsberg - Lindros comparison as much as I am saying how much of a crapshoot the draft is when guys like Scott Lachance and Aaron Ward end up drafted higher than a guy like Forsberg.

On a side note, is it possible for a player in the mold of Eric Lindros to have a longer lasting career as dominant as he was playing that style of hockey? That game has to take a toll on his body, and while you can't blame the injuries that have hurt him most on it, it still makes me beg the question. The power forwards game is often sidelined by injuries, and barring concussions I wonder how long Lindros would have continued to be a top 5 player.