Thread: Shawn Belle
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
If Belle is Hedican, great. Hedican is solid and can skate. he gives you the idea he can be more than he is but is the kind of guy most teams would trade for at playoff time.

Fransson and Daley are likely NHlers IMO
Grossman, Erskine Jancevski Nickerson Fistric, if two make it along with Belle it means 5 homegrown d-men, That is awesome production given we went years without producing decent production from the farm .
Belle's upside in my opinion is a Hedican type of player. I just don't see him being much better. And while I agree Hedican is solid and can skate and all that, Belle has to clean up his brain farts before being the "kind of guy most teams would trade for at playoff time." Hedican is succesful because he knows his limitations, despite good tools, and plays it simple. Belle's expectations (especially offensively) have been unrealistic thus far, and the key for him to be successful is to refine certain parts of his game and understand his offensive limitations, despite good skating ability. Hopefully he can do that, I like him.

Daley's more or less an NHLer in my books, but Fransson is by no means a likely NHLer. Defencemen touted to have stud potential (don't necessarily agree that Fransson possesses this, but that's another story) who are likely NHLers don't go in the 2nd round any year, let alone years like 2004, which was average at best.

Just my 0.02$.