Thread: Shawn Belle
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I certainly hope you're not trying to use draft position to try and 'put down'(the best phrase I can think of) a player. After all, Lidstrom was drafted in the 3rd round(I could go on about draft position all day). The reason he didnt go until the second was because he was a year older than the rest of the draft class, due to dropping out of the 2003 draft due to injuries.
I know draft position isn't that important, but he hasn't exactly lit up the scene this year either. He's a guy who people have talked about for a while as having good potential. This isn't a guy who has been rising up the charts lately, he's been on the scene for a while, and he hasn't been improving quite at the rate some would hope. Personally, I don't find it that surprising as the Swedish developmental system isn't exactly a well-oiled machine right now, but I'll refrain from heading off on that tangent.

All I'm saying is that Fransson may have potential, but he's not a likely NHLer. To group him with Daley as a likely NHLer is silly becuase Fransson has a ways to go before being considered a safe bet or a blue chipper. I'd also say that Belle is safer at this point, and I'd personally take Belle as a prospect long before Fransson, but that's just me.