Old
11-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
I know draft position isn't that important, but he hasn't exactly lit up the scene this year either. He's a guy who people have talked about for a while as having good potential. This isn't a guy who has been rising up the charts lately, he's been on the scene for a while, and he hasn't been improving quite at the rate some would hope. Personally, I don't find it that surprising as the Swedish developmental system isn't exactly a well-oiled machine right now, but I'll refrain from heading off on that tangent.

All I'm saying is that Fransson may have potential, but he's not a likely NHLer. To group him with Daley as a likely NHLer is silly becuase Fransson has a ways to go before being considered a safe bet or a blue chipper. I'd also say that Belle is safer at this point, and I'd personally take Belle as a prospect long before Fransson, but that's just me.
Ah I see your point, and I agree, simply because Fransson is a few years away. But among all the Stars defenseman prospects, he rather easily has the highest upside IMO. Sure he hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard, but from what the Swedish posters have been saying, he has been playing excellent, and has some people over there saying he is the best defenseman in all of Sweden, and drawing some comparisons to Lidstrom. Is Belle safer at this point? Maybe, simply because he is already used to the NA game. But in the long run, Fransson is going to be a much much better player than Belle IMO.