Thread: Shawn Belle
View Single Post
Old
11-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Ah I see your point, and I agree, simply because Fransson is a few years away. But among all the Stars defenseman prospects, he rather easily has the highest upside IMO. Sure he hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard, but from what the Swedish posters have been saying, he has been playing excellent, and has some people over there saying he is the best defenseman in all of Sweden, and drawing some comparisons to Lidstrom. Is Belle safer at this point? Maybe, simply because he is already used to the NA game. But in the long run, Fransson is going to be a much much better player than Belle IMO.
Fair enough. Just for clarification, I'm guessing you aren't including Daley when you suggest he "rather easily has the highest upside" among Stars prospects. If you put Fransson ahead of Daley, then that is where I get off your ride. Personally, I'm just neither high on Fransson nor any Swedish prospects at the moment considering the status of the country's hockey program. Maybe I shouldn't "discriminate" against Fransson, but when a one-time superpower can't even get a player in the first round (not to bring up draft position again ) or in my opinion put together a legitimate threat at the World Juniors anymore, I have reason to be concerned.