Old
11-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
Fair enough. Just for clarification, I'm guessing you aren't including Daley when you suggest he "rather easily has the highest upside" among Stars prospects. If you put Fransson ahead of Daley, then that is where I get off your ride. Personally, I'm just neither high on Fransson nor any Swedish prospects at the moment considering the status of the country's hockey program. Maybe I shouldn't "discriminate" against Fransson, but when a one-time superpower can't even get a player in the first round (not to bring up draft position again ) or in my opinion put together a legitimate threat at the World Juniors anymore, I have reason to be concerned.
In the long term, I think Fransson has just a bit more upside than Daley, because he is just as good a skater and offensive player, while being a little bigger(the only time I really consider size is when you have two similar players) and slightly better defensively. I see Daley as a solid/above average #3 guy, where as I see Fransson as a solid #2 guy(and Im not the only one saying this. Alot of the Swedish posters see that as well). Obviously Daley has a better chance of reaching his potential because he is further along in his development than Fransson.