View Single Post
Old
10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Couple things before I go to bed...

Hornqvist was clearly the first star of the game tonight. Since the start of training camp, he has demonstrated a much better grasp of our systems and team concepts and has used his improved speed to make an impact in every game he's played thus far. Last season he had a tremendous work ethic, but didn't have the speed. This year with the improved speed (both in terms of skating speed and mental speed - decision making) he has been a real surprise player that has forced his way into this lineup.

Second, when Dumont gets back, no matter how good Hornqvist is performing, the SAD line will be reunited. The SAD line was guaranteed this summer by the coaching staff that as long as the three of them were in the lineup and healthy, that they would be playing together. Additionally, Trotz has almost always never allowed a player to lose their spot due to injury and will give Dumont his spot back. As for the promise, I really don't like the premise, but honestly I think it was probably made around the time of the Sullivan contract negotiations and if it brought Sully back into the fold...I can live with it...

Lastly, I'm not down on our roster at all right now, however it is painful to watch at times a lack of cohesion on the ice when you think about the players we are missing and their potential impact when they get back into the lineup. Thankfully though we're 2 for 2 and have gotten all 4 points available during this span. Will be interesting to see how we finish this stretch of three games in five nights. At that point I think we can start really assessing the roster for the first time with any true scrutiny. Till then, three of the four lines are different than what we projected coming out of training camp...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote