View Single Post
Old
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Rightfully so. Your deal had us giving up Frolov, Moller and a 1st for a 4th liner and a prospect. My deal brings in a much needed puck moving defender, albeit at one of the most ridiculous salaries I've ever seen, and we get paid for doing so. We get a winger to replace Frolov long term and a first round pick. You could always turn and move Stafford if his demands were too high along with that Chicago first for a cheaper, signed for long term winger.
Well first off, Glencross is definitely not a 4th liner. If you think so, you should do some more research. Furthermore, my proposal was about getting whatever value we can for Fro and leaving plenty of cap space left. Yeah, it could be better I'll admit but it would not impede future team management. Any deal involving Campbell however ****s us over in the long term. Sure it's a quick fix but we're still not winning the Cup with that team and, without the necessary cap space (especially with the cap going down), we won't be able to acquire the players we need to do so. And...I don't know how much you've seen Campbell play, but he can be a major liability on D. Yes, he'll get his PP points but that shouldn't be our biggest concern.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote