View Single Post
Old
11-25-2004, 01:58 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebedom
Vermette and Brind'amour are very similar players except that Brindy has experience and is a great faceoff guy while Vermette is younger and will eventually develop into that role. A 2nd in 2005 in this deep draft is overpayment, don't you think. Cole and Brind'amour for Vermette and a 2nd may work, for us anyway.
it may be overpayment, im not a gm. i dont think its that bad though. there is also a big difference in having a guy you THINK will be a similar player down the road - and having a player you KNOW can do it every night. if the sens were waitng for tommorow, they wouldnt have acquired hasek - thats why i think they would be better off with brindy. as for cole, i think he is too important to include in any trade right now - he is a young core guy. at the same time, i read at the end of the season he had trouble adjusting to lavi....so who knows. regardless, i dont like even talking about it unless we're packaging him to get a superior player. i think brimdy AND cole is extreme overpayment for the canes. maybe not in pure player value (though i think even there, its unfair), but definitely unfair in terms of depletion of an already thin canes roster. they need players more than draft picks right now.